Thursday, March 10, 2016

Question Map - By Katie

For homelink I decided to make a question map. We learnt how to make one in Habitat 17. Here are the steps you need to use a questions map:


  • Firstly In the middle of the map you put the topic that you want to find out more about. I Put bees. 
  •  Then you put the key words around the topic word.  I put hive, flower, insect, honey and nectar.
  • After that you write down words that would make a statement. I put bees eat nectar, bees make honey, bees are insects, bees use flowers and bees live in hives.
  • Finally you put a question starter in front of the statement. My questions were why do bees eat nectar? How do bees eat nectar? Why do bees live in a hive? How do bees live in a hive? How does bees use flowers? Why do bees use flowers? 
I found it a really great way to ask interesting questions. 


Here is the original chart that was modeled to us when we were learning about how to create a question map.


1 comment: